Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weekend Update!

So this weekend was relaxing. Didn't do much work on the school front or the yarn front. However, I did unravel a sweater that 40% angora and 60% lamb's wool. Sooooooo nice and soft. Being still in my dying binge, I decided to dye the thing blue and give it to a friend. Couldn't find any blue Kool-aid so I settled for food coloring. I aimed for a solid blue color, couldn't tell which shade I was going for, but solid and not variegated. That's not the end product that I got… this is what I got.



It doesn't look completely bad, but I think it will be better looking when it gets made into something… like socks! I'm not completely sure where I went wrong. It might be 1) not enough vinegar/didn't soak it long enough or 2) not enough dye… meh, I guess I'll just have to play around with it some more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment